The back panel has a list of the songs that would be included on the CD. They are all songs included in Oh Wonders new album including 'Drive' which is the song we used in our Video. The photograph in the background is made transparent in order for it to be easier to read the songs. I decided to use the beetle idea that I used on my digipak draft because it combines well with the nature of the album being about a song called 'Drive'. The text staggers around the beetle combining the overall image together well.
Thursday, 3 March 2016
Final Digipak
I have completed the final edit of my digipak. It consists of two photographs that I had taken myself of Salcombe estuary in the sun, and a photograph of a country gate that I took on one of our shooting locations. The last photograph is the front cover image which is the dream catcher that makes an appearance in the music video for 'Drive' that we created. The dream catcher gives a rather indie vibe to the digipak which complements the genre of the bands music. I decided on the font of the front cover to be simplistic and basic in order to compliment the dark tones of the dream catcher in the foreground, as well as contrasting to the blurred light background of the image. The text is inline with the portrait structure of the dream catcher to visually extend the length of the cover. The word 'Drive' is the name of the album. It is written in a dark grey colour to contrast the black that 'Oh Wonder' is written in, in order to distinguish the two words from one another. I have included 3 lines of song lyrics from the song, "All we do" which is on Oh Wonders album. Each line is on a different panel of the digipak. This is because as the digipak is being opened, each line will be revealed one at a time in order. The font of this writing is a type of handwriting font in order to give the impression that the artists wrote the lines. It also adds a homemade nature to the digipak which compliments the nature of the band as artists. I have used one extended photograph stretching across the three panels in the middle because it looks rather effective. It is a simple landscape image of Salcombe estuary that I took one morning. The panoramic image works well with the size of the digipak. The two song lyrics on either side of the panel are written to compliment the photograph that they are written on.
The back panel has a list of the songs that would be included on the CD. They are all songs included in Oh Wonders new album including 'Drive' which is the song we used in our Video. The photograph in the background is made transparent in order for it to be easier to read the songs. I decided to use the beetle idea that I used on my digipak draft because it combines well with the nature of the album being about a song called 'Drive'. The text staggers around the beetle combining the overall image together well.
The back panel has a list of the songs that would be included on the CD. They are all songs included in Oh Wonders new album including 'Drive' which is the song we used in our Video. The photograph in the background is made transparent in order for it to be easier to read the songs. I decided to use the beetle idea that I used on my digipak draft because it combines well with the nature of the album being about a song called 'Drive'. The text staggers around the beetle combining the overall image together well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment