"Pathetic fallacy is a literary device wherein the author attributes human emotions and traits to nature or inanimate objects. For example, the following descriptions refer to weather and how it affects the mood, which can add atmosphere to a story: smiling skies, somber clouds, angry storm, or bitter winter."
Pathetic fallacy allows for videos to amplify the emotions of the characters. Here, I have introduced some videos that I believe show types of pathetic fallacy used to portray certain moods.
James Blunt- You're Beautiful
Coldplay- Paradise
Coldplay-Yellow
Oasis- Little by Little
Cheryl Cole- I Don't Care. At moments in this music video, Cheryl is playfully walking around the beach. She is happy and the sunset compliments the way she is spinning and turning.
The Script- The Man Who Can't Be Moved. Towards the end of the song camera shots are shown of Danny (lead singer) sitting through every type of weather in order to stay in the place that he first met the girl he loves. He is seen in snow, rain and sun. This shows his commitment and dedication and love for the girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment